|The completed headphone amp in 2007|
Then I happened to find the PAiA 9206K Headphone Distribution Amp. At the time I couldn't afford to buy it, but I was in luck as PAiA provides schematics for their devices. I love it when companies do that!
So I sourced the parts and built it myself. Now I owe PAiA one! I'll keep them in mind when it's time to start building my modular...
|Insides with the op amps and pots soldered. Input and output jacks are still missing.|
The schematic is very simple, and you can easily see how to add/remove channels if needed. The PAiA kit has 6 headphone outputs, but I needed only 4.
Use low-noise op amps that work with a supply of +6/-6 volts. Unfortunately I don't remember what op amps I used... They might have been TL072. Using a dual op amp makes for 1 op amp per stereo headphone channel.
|The insides completed. Not very pretty wiring, but it works just fine!|
|Fitting it in, almost ready.|
|Now only missing some paint...|
For the project case I used an old speaker. When painting it I tried to do some stencil work but that failed miserably as you can see...
The device works and is in use to this day. Thanks to PAiA!